Saturday, February 26, 2011

Toffee Apple Dip

I first had this yummy apple dip at a family reunion. One of my aunts brought it. Don't ask me how it survived making it out of my grandma's goody cellar to share with everyone else. Maybe it was safe in the fridge. Who knows. This recipe takes about five minutes to make and tastes best with granny smith apples to balance out the sweetness of the dip. Make it and you'll be licking your plate just like my girls did last week. You just won't be able to help it.

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup toffee pieces
6 granny smith apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions:
Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with a until smooth. Add toffee bits and mix well. Cover and chill. Combine juice and apples in a bowl; toss well. Serve apples with dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment