Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

About ten years ago a friend shared this recipe with me. We made it for a Relief Society dinner we were in charge of together. I remember we were so worried about having enough food that we made a bunch of side dishes to go with it. We had rice, peach jello, rolls, and salad as well as dessert. I remember we added the peach jello at the last minute to make sure we had everything covered. I think we, or rather I, stressed myself out a bit much on that one. Now I serve it over rice and have vegetable on the side. I precooked the chicken and put this dinner together in eight minutes the other night. It's one of Olivia's favorites. She always requests it for her birthday dinner.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 large family-sized can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 tube Ritz crackers, crushed
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

Directions:
Mix chicken, soup, and sour cream. Spread in a 9 x 11 inch pan. Mix crackers, butter, and poppy seeds. Sprinkle on top of chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 3o minutes or until bubbled and brown on top. Serve over rice.

*I sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the crock pot on high for a couple of hours. Also, you can crush the crackers right in their package. It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to cook.

1 comment:

  1. oh YUM! I soooo want to eat that right off the screen....maybe b/c I skipped dinner. But it looks good & simple and I will have to give it a try. I love stuff like that over rice:)

    ReplyDelete