Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cinnamon Syrup

I once met a little girl named Cinnamon at the park. And I still remember because I suppose if I had to be named after a spice I'd choose Cinnamon over Sage, Rosemary, or Ginger. And that's simply because cinnamon is my most favorite spice ever. I've been known to bake cinnamon infused foods just to make my home smell like it did when I was little and my mom made cinnamon rolls or just so that I could tell that it was actually Autumn time despite the not-so-prevalent red, brown, and yellow leaves down here in Texas.

Once you make this syrup, you will have a hard time buying maple syrup at the store. It's quick and oh, so easy and it makes your house smell like heaven.

Ingredients:
1 cup white corn syrup
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup evaporated milk

Directions:
Combine corn syrup, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir on high heat and boil for two minutes. Take off heat and cover for five minutes. Whisk in evaporated milk and serve warm. Refrigerate remaining syrup.

1 comment:

  1. I never buy syrup any more after making this recipe. I pretty much always have a jar of it in the fridge. I love it.

    ReplyDelete