Thursday, March 17, 2011

So and So's Sausage Dip

This is one of those recipes that I don't want to make, but it's so good I just can't help it. I got the original recipe from a sister-in-law before she left the family. And I can't help but thinking, "This is so and so's recipe" each time I make it and I can just see her chopping tomatoes and peppers in my mom's kitchen chit chatting and laughing with the rest of us. And then I think of how simple life was way back then before my siblings and I grew up and had to really start figuring out what life was about and how to get through it all. Oh, well. Things happen for reasons. On the bright side, I have to thank her for sharing a few good recipes and a couple of darn good boys with the family.

Ingredients:
2 pounds sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces sour cream
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10 dashes hot sauce (I use Cholula)
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon crushed cilantro

tortilla chips

Directions:
Brown sausage; drain and put in crock pot. Saute green pepper and onion in remaining sausage grease. Add to crock pot with all remaining ingredients. Mix and cook on low until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post Erin, you make me laugh! This is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete